Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Friday, February 03, 2006

The Pyramids

I would just like to re-iterate the innate divinity of the breakfast meal. Croissants with my own homemade marmalade and pain au chocolat have got me feeling like I could just conquer the world!

I am so jealous of my friend Betsy. She just booked a week’s vacation in Egypt for 7 days. Can you believe that something like that only costs 600 or 700€? Maybe you can all understand, then why I don’t plan on going back to America in August. I want to go somewhere more exotic. I finally have the financial stability to do it, and, because i live in Europe, it is totally financially possible. I am thinking Iceland, Norway, or some little town in England somewhere. Actually, because I have 6-7 weeks of paid vacation, I think I might do 2 different vacations—one somewhere exotic like Nepal and then 10 days in England or something. We’ll see. I’m just busy dreaming at the moment.

I had always envisioned being in a relationship with someone as independent as I am. For the first 2 years of our relationship, though, I think that I was too insecure to really do without Chris. I was “clingy”, I guess one would say. I had always hoped that I would meet someone with whom I could be in love, yet be able to take separate vacations at times. I need a lot of personal space to let my ideas grow. So, maybe I’ll go to Tibet without Chris, but spend the time in England together.

Freedom!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger kilowatthour said...

philip and i are finally going on our honeymoon this year, and we're thinking of england. he's never been. or maybe? the ultimate nerd honeymoon: galapagos islands. awesome. any ideas??

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home