Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Part This

Am I the only one sickened by this over-the-top, Hollywood deification of Charlton Heston? I mean, the guy wasn’t all bad…he did participate in the de-segregation of the sixties. But, in his old age, he did say a lot of racist things, not the least memorable of which was on screen in Michael Moore’s film “Bowling for Columbine.”

The guy was an extreme gun rights activist, a lifetime NRA member. He was the one that coined the phrase “from my cold, dead hands”, daring anyone to take his firearm away from him. Without getting into the debate for the 1000th time, I can tell you first hand that gun violence in Germany is a rare occurrence indeed, because guns are restricted and controlled by the government here. America will only be so lucky to someday be the same way.

I just can’t believe that people see this man as some kind of holy icon simply because he played Moses in a movie. The working word of that sentence is “played”. He was not Moses, people. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think he was the scum of the Earth or anything, but the guy was a bit of a clod, and to see him revered by the public like this is a sad commentary.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ottavina said...

Wow. I'm out of the loop. I knew he was dead, but heard nothing else.

And yeah, I didn't like him, either.

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home