Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Superstition

André Chenier staging rehearsal AM
Csardàsfürstin performance PM

After having a string of bad days, I was seriously looking forward to a good one. A holdover from my youth, I sometimes pick rather random signs of superstition to determine whether or not it is going to be a good day. Generally, if it is before 9AM and several bad things have happened, then I assume that it is just going to be a crappy day—out of my hands.
This morning, I was on my way to the opera and decided that if I had any copper coins in my pocket, it was going to be a bad day. Well, I didn’t have any in my pocket. And, now that the day is over, it has been a good day. Yay, superstition.

I can honestly say, though, that this might be one of the most bizarre, and, frankly, borderline psychotic things that I do. Thankfully, I only let the Fates determine my day once in a blue moon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home