Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Squish

I saw this photo on the front page of the Pforzheim paper yesterday and just thought it was the most amazing thing ever. Imagine, you’re just speeding along, having a nice vacation somewhere in Switzerland, and off of the nearby mountain falls a huge boulder, right on top of you. I mean, look at the size of that fucking rock, people!



I'm sorry, but this has "act of God" written all over it.

It reminds me of Mr. Miagi’s little “squish like grape” thing...or what an ant must think as it looks up sensing a dark figure above, the dark figure coming into focus just as the ant realizes, too late, that it is the sole of someone's shoe...crunch and it’s all over, folks.

Anyway, the two people in the car were from around Pforzheim and they were, yes, killed instantly. A very dramatic reminder of nature's awesome power.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, I have proof that my fears I have driving in rockslide country are not irrational.

4:29 PM  
Blogger kilowatthour said...

ow.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home