Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Fond Farewell?

I had my last service at the theatre on Wednesday. Many of the goodbyes were heartfelt, most uneventful. I feel I really tried to do the best job that I could at the theatre, but I guess it went unnoticed…

Things I will miss:

1. Singing full out in some huge production like Aida or Tannhäuser, being surrounded by the sound. God that was great.
2. Lemuel Cuento. He is one of the most consistent singers I have ever come across, and a fantastic musician to boot. He actually brought tears to my eyes on more than one occasion (a difficult task for a cynical heart like mine) when he really "sang." Thanks for the inspiration, Lem.
3. The clapping after a good performance, with the audience in an almost trance-state, giving all that they've got, obviously inspired. I guess the clapping is important, after all.
4. Conversations with my two good colleagues in the choir, Herr Wecht and Herr Lenschow. Their combined almost encyclopedic knowledge about opera and performance is completely from a German perspective and has opened my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home