Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Grießbrei

Here is my husband Chris, as he demonstrates how to make Grießbrei mit Rote Grütze (Semolina Pudding with Red Fruit Jelly.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG this is soo cool! thank you!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ottavina said...

I think you should do a cooking show.
Next time...make something with grüne Soße oder Spargel.

Or, hey! I liked the Quitten jelly, maybe you and your mom?/grandma? (I don't know who makes it) could work together.

(Sorry I didn't comment before. Your presentation of the recipe was nice, Chris - I'm just not a Rote Grütze fan [I'm picky about the dead fruit, and I was served a lot of it when I lived in Kiel.])

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOW can you NOT LOVE Rote Grütze?!?

Freak.

I loved the recipe. Make more "dead fruit" just to spite ottavina.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ladies, please!

i am not too keen about rote grütze myself, but it seemed like a fair alternative to the other dead fruit products to me ... ;)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Ottavina said...

Heh. Hey, I know there are a lot of folks who love Rote Grütze (everyone in the northern half of Germany, for example), and I know I like a lot of things that others dislike...so it's no problem.

I just know that Chris has a lot of good recipes up his sleeve, and wanted to encourage more, as well as explain why I didn't initially comment.

(How funny - yeah, man, cook more just to spite ME! Heheheh.)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home