Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Plodding on

Well, I called Coburg today and they said the role has been filled. I felt a little like the little dog in Mary Poppins when the cockney maid opens the door, sees no nannies but a little dog in their place "The position az been filled." And, with a whisk of my tail and an aloof sounding "hurumph" (not sounding unlike a muffled bark), I run off in my little, haughty dog way.

I have decided that the American-style follow up call is completely in order in this day and age, because the guy from Coburg had not even received my CV and photos, etc. that I had sent on Monday. Beware of computer technology, ye internets.

On a lighter side, I got the nerve to call Bonn to see what they had to say about the long shot of being invited to an audition there. The good news is, they haven't decided on anything and will know more by Monday. I see this as "good news" because it not a "no". Hey, you take what you can get, people.

Basically, if I am completely honest with you, I am struggling to not fall into a deep depression because of all of this. Betsy, in her tough love way, told me yesterday to harden up a bit on this. I will learn. Don't worry. I think part of the problem is that I hadn't really prepared myself for what kind of mental challenge this was all going to be because I was too concentrated on doing whatever I could to finish my doctorate. So, mentally, it's all kind of happening fast.

Just throw me a bone, dear life. Give me some little concert or role to work on in the meantime. That would really help. ☺

1 Comments:

Blogger Ottavina said...

Hey, sorry to hear about Coburg...but you really didn't want to deal with that commute anyway, right? Hang tough and keep your eyes open for any opportunity. It will come. In the meantime, write that French textbook (I know I'd like a better French text than a few I've seen) or work on a recital. Or teaching? would that work?

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home