Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tales from the Vaterland

Just a little snippet to brag a bit.

My friend Amanda is singing Eva in Meistersinger at Bayreuth this year (if you're not "in the know," this is a huge deal.) Anyway, she called and invited me Bayreuth to see her Meistersinger on Wednesday and then to stay over till Thursday because she wants me to go with her to some big party at "the Wagners." Yep, I am going to meet Katharina Wagner, the great-granddaughter of Richard and the woman who now runs the Festival.

This is so cool.

I hope I can get my Janker back from the tailor to wear. What is a janker?




More about traditional German apparel (in English):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracht

1 Comments:

Blogger Ottavina said...

Oooo! Love the Janker.

Any chance of singing/auditioning for that festival?

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home