Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Oh.

I was reading through my last entries and I realize that I may have left some of you that read my blog hanging about my audition in Berlin. My apologies to you two. Sorry.

Well, Berlin was a wonderful experience. It was probably the best audition I have ever had, thanks to Allan and his principles. Allan has helped me so much. It is an interesting place that I am in my life…to be on both a spiritual path of awakening and to be starting the next part of my career simultaneously. It's just weird, let's leave it at that.

So, three other people were invited to sing at the young artist auditions while I was at the Staatsoper. We all heard the same thing after singing: "Danke schön." I know that they were holding more auditions the next day, and who knows how many other days of auditions they had in addition. My audition was on the 27th of June and the entire house went on vacation on the 1st of July. If I know Germany and opera houses in general, they heard people, didn't make a decision about whom the wanted, and went on vacation, intending to tackle the problem when they return on August 15th. So, I haven't heard anything yet, but that may or may not be a bad thing.

At this point, I am treating the audition as a "good experience" and moving on. I can't help but put out of my mind the sneaking suspicion/faint hope that they will call in August and ask if I can come immediately to Berlin. But I do not intend to build my house on a foundation of sand, and, to be practical, I am just assuming that I "didn't get it." Hey, if they call, I will still jump at the chance, but no matter what happens, it is a win/win situation as far as I am concerned. I wanted to just sing for agents and start my career from the ground up before all of this, anyway. And, if I end up not going to that young artist program, I will get my wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home