Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Beginnings

I came back from London on Tuesday. I had gone there over the weekend to sing at Covent Garden for a competition. There are very few competitions for which I am now not too old, but this one has a particular portion for Heldentenors, and I felt lucky now that I am singing more like I should to be able to slip in under the wire and see what compete. The competition has three rounds. I will hear whether I have gotten through the first round in January. Then, the second and third rounds are in Barcelona, the trip being paid for by the competition.

The best news of it all is, I rally don’t care whether I make it through or not. I am just happy that I sang well and presented myself well at the competition. I consider this the kick-off of my audition rounds, and am happy that it went well. This is a good sign. There were four people on the jury—two from Covent Garden (one was the man in charge of their young artist program), and two people from the competition. They seemed very pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home