Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

I wish I could say that I am surprised by Bhutto’s being killed. I think, as I am sure many do, that it is a terribly sad commentary on life in 2007.

I do not know enough to comment on whether she was a shining star, snuffed out by extremism or her political rivals. That would be assuming too much, I think. She was originally deposed because of her own corrupt prime ministership, and was said to have punished her political rivals after having been voted into office. Since I know so little, I do not want to do the typical, human thing and make a martyr out of her, claiming that she was Pakistan’s only chance, or that she was perfect somehow. People do tend to be more perfect in death than they ever were in life, after all.

But, I will say this: I watched Mrs. Bhutto being interviewed several times before her death and I can say that I really liked her. She had that sort of Bill Clinton likeability. You just couldn’t help but be a part of her charisma train.

I am getting so sick of Muslim extremism. Just sick of it. Isn’t anyone else getting that way? It seems like a bunch of backwards hicks are constantly getting their way. It just doesn’t make any sense. It would be like allowing some hillbilly with three teeth in his mouth make all of the decisions only because you’re somehow afraid of him.

How are we going to tell these suicide bombers and all of their kind that we aren’t going to take this lying down anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home