Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

The Genius

I don't now if any of you know this, but Frank LLoyd Wright is a huge inspiration of mine. Well, I always celebrate his birthday every year on June 8th. I'm afraid this year will just be by eating Bratkartoffeln inspired by the Guggenheim, and watching some FLW footage on YouTube, but, considering the circumstance (my PBS special DVD set is packed away in Pforzheim), it will have to do.

Truth is Life.

That's him on the left in case you've never seen him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that your FLW DVD can still be played and viewed given the constant use that it has seen!

I wasn't aware today was FLW's birthday, but let me join you in a tip of the hat toward the master and his inspiring work. Here is an URL you might enjoy - http://www.prairieschooltraveler.com/

It covers Prairie School buildings in the states, and something I always refer to (all with the FLW Field Guide) when traveling. Some of my photos are in the web site. A couple of years ago, I got to volunteer in helping restore the Wescott House in Springfield, OH. It's FLW's only P-School building in Ohio. What a treat! Built in 1908, it was included in the Wasmuth Portfolio.

I'm glad we met about 4 years ago in the parking lot of the Johnson Wax Administration Building. It's been a real pleasure reading your blog since then and, from time to time, posting comments. As always, best regards and wishes for success.

Dennis Blazey

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home