Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Hypocrisy

I have been trying to make some progress improving myself by not letting things fester and bother me for long periods of time and to just 'let things go' as it were. Chris and I had a rather dramatic discussion about our relationship several weeks ago where he mentioned that my need to control him on a constant basis was a problem. It was an interesting comment in its timing because I had begun to consider trying to turn over a new leaf with the people of the chorus by not letting things bother me so much and to just not worry too much about them. Overall, I think that I had at some point the feeling when I first came back that I waste an unusual amount of time in my life sulking about one thing or another, chewing on simple things for an immeasurable amount of time. I often find myself coming out of a funk, enjoying the drama-free time, and then getting obsessed by some other outside comment or action that sends me right back into my cave. I just got finished preaching to a friend about how he should view things as from a lifelong perspective, taking into account those things that, far into the future, will be deemed less significant as once thought. Yet, here I am wasting my time on things that simply don't matter.

How much of my life in pure hypocrisy. Never mind. I am not ready for that truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home