Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Cup This

Speaking of changes to my life because of the World Cup...it is 11:30, and I am thinking, at this point, that there may be some distinct disadvantages to living downtown in a little city in Germany during the world cup.

There are cars driving down the street in from of our house now, honking their horns, sometimes with women hanging out the top, waving great, big, Italian flags because Italy just won a game in the Cup. This normally would be no problem if it were a rare occurrence. But, yesterday, Mexico won a game, and I had no idea that there are so many Mexicans living in Pforzheim.

It is a fun phenomenon. A bit overstated, but what should I do, go down and inform them all?

3 Comments:

Blogger kilowatthour said...

is my vacation going to be ruined by the hooligans??

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

certainly it will be.

at least my night sleep is. LOL

(fyi, i normally catch a train at 6:24 am)

ps.: i demand a ban on alcohol for the duration of the cup!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the lack of authentic Mexican restaurants is any indication, I'd say the population of Mexican folks in Germany is rather low.

I can't imagine the craziness there now that Germany won against Poland (1-0).

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home