Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

You gots to accentuate the positive...

After having just read many of ma favorite blogs, I realize that I need not write you all one of my epic sonnets on life in order for an entry to be interesting. I like Karen’s blog for its variety, for instance. Sometimes she just says what she’s had for dinner and then just gets on with her life. Life seems to be getting the best of me lately, so I haven’t had much to say. Things have been productive, it is true. What I have to show for it, though, has yet to be seen.

I have been obsessed for the past few days about learning the Mozart Requiem in that I will be singing the tenor solo part from it on Friday. I’m not quite to the point where I am scared out of my friggin’ mind, but I am slowly getting there. I find that sitting down with the score and just working through it in my head alleviates some of the mental distress.

The constant commentary from the many practically everyone in the chorus is starting to get a bit annoying. Almost all of the men have told me that they are “curious” to see how it will go. I find that non-committal to say the least; passive-aggressive seems more the tone. The women are all excited and very positive. At any rate, let’s just say that all eyes will be one me especially from behind, where the chorus stands, for the performance. I hope that I do well so that I can subtly give my naysayers the finger.

I have almost forgotten what it is like to be a soloist. I am just not sure if I have the stomach for it...or discipline. Things I have presented in the past have been pretty good. I just have to come to a point with my voice where I feel satisfied with its own construction and can be relatively confident of what is going to come out. That will help. I realize now that this only comes from hard work, though, and, frankly, I have enjoyed the past several months of actually taking the prospect of having a solo career seriously.

Who knows, maybe it will happen...even if it doesn’t, I will be happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger kilowatthour said...

you're the awesomest. good luck!!

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he was wonderful (i never get why it is spelled with one L), but i wished he would have sang louder to overpower that stupid soprano. she was unfairly loud. hey josh, i know it's mozart, but forget about balance and just show that woman who's the loudest here. :)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home