Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A car Mia's size?

We’re finally selling our little car! Wow, after having been a trusty little piece of beautifully-designed machinery, we are letting her go. We live in the center of town and just don’t need a car. It is just a money pit, really, taking up money that we would gladly use for other stuff (a new computer, for instance—yay.) Do you want to bid on it?

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120035527337&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:DE:2

The selling of the car coincides with another groundbreaking moment in the history of Josh and Chris together—the uniting of our finances. Finally, it will be possible to start plotting out future together with actual financial goals. I am much more astute with the books than Chris, so I have been given the job of putting this all together. It has taken me a couple of weeks to simply assess where Chris is financially and then to try to put things together has been taxing to my brain! He has helped, though, offering ideas for how we can tackle some of the challenges as we change the concept from “I” to “We”.

I don’t mean to be too enigmatic about it all. Let’s just say, that, after having gone over the finances, we are in a really good spot, and I am very happy for that.

On a different note, I had my first coaching with the main coach at the Nationaltheater in Mannheim. He was a really big help. I have a lot of things to think about now. When I asked him if he thought that I could be ready to audition by January, he said: “well, your voice is ready, you just have to assimilate lots of different information and get it into your body. You could be ready in January or next week for that matter.” That was good to hear, because it reiterates what I am being told from other sides and how I feel myself. To think that a year ago, I wasn’t even sure what Fach I was. (It is important to keep that perspective when there is still so much work to be done.)

On a lighter note, enjoy this little video of Mia playing:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for progress! -Monica

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home