Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Ich hab' mein Rohr Verlohr.

I just want to come clean: I am absolutely and positively obsessed with the American TV series “Lost”. I just can't get enough. I wish I tell you to what degree I think about the possibilities of what the show can “mean” or what sort of significance plot snippets fill my calculating mind. The infinite changes and potential changes of dénouement are bouncing around in my head endlessly as I seek meaning of the symbols we have been thus fed. For some reason, the mountain of pneumatic tubes sitting in the jungle is quite a strong reference for me, for some reason. They were obviously never meant o be read, or even retrieved. What does this mean? And what WAS/IS the Dharma project, anyway?

On a side note, I find it, even to this day, bizarre that Germans wish each other a good appetite before eating. I was sitting at the bar of my favorite restaurant today and was so happy (I just had my first Light Therapy session because of my winter depression—I HIGHLY recommend this, by the way...I am practically floating from happiness at this point) and wished, as is the custom, both of my neighbor “Guten Appetit” when their food arrived. It is a funny thing to say, though, if you think about it. When my food is sitting there in front of me and I start to eat, I really don't need anyone to wish me an appetite. Believe me, if the food looks and smells good, I won't have any trouble mustering one up. Maybe this tradition is better for people who don't love food as much as I...

Tomorrow we leave for Chris' parents to celebrate Christmas. I wish all of you and yours a very merry one. I hope that it brings to you feelings of satisfaction and inner peace as we remember the birth of the Christ and his message of peace and love. Merry Christmas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas to you, too. When you are back a-blogging, you'll have to tell us/at least me more about light therapy. -Monica

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home