Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

"Hosanna…a client!"

The Dream Agent called to ask me if I might want to sing Lohengrin in 2009. I, after falling out of my chair, simply said a resolute "Yes".

My first big gig!

The performances will be concertante and will take place in Frankfurt an der Oder, Potsdam and Berlin. Lohengrin…my dream role….now a reality. I can barely believe it. Thinking of this gig brought back memories of a caricature drawing a colleague from the chorus in Pforzheim made of me a couple of years ago. The bubble above my head is Lohengrin's most-famous line in the piece. The book is titled "How will I be a great tenor."



Because it was meant at the time tongue-and-cheek, I find it especially poignant somehow.

My progress with the Voice Teacher has also taken a great leap forward and is producing some pretty amazing results. Things are looking up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pic makes your arms look like you have dwarfism. Are you a dwarf?

3:15 PM  
Blogger He sings said...

Ha! That's funny. No, I am not a dwarf. I actually have very long arms...

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home