Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Mundane

Yesterday: Premiere of Nacht in Venedig (Strauss)
Today: Fidelio Matinee

I’m sitting here at amazement, reading the almost hourly blog entries of my friend Karen, feeling like a clod for not writing every day, and thinking that my friends are all lazy and mean by not writing more in their blogs for my entertainment (Lillie, Alton!)

I must say, though, that blogs are allowing me glimpses into worlds of old friends with which I, normally, would not have extended conversations about the mundane parts of their everyday existences. I feel like I am not out of touch with Karen’s life anymore, for instance. It may just be her writing , but I can almost really get a feel for what is up with her.

So, why not share these things with all of you.

I wake up in the morning, I am beginning to realize, with a tone already set for what the day will be. What I have dreamed in the night tends to have lasting effects with me, for some reason. Some days, I am longing for the past, or caught up with the many mistakes I have made in my life. I think it is really easy for us all to put things that matter in the back of our minds somehow as we lead our lives, hoping to address them later. But, I am finding, later often doesn’t come, and those things for which we have no time in our conscious hours are beinga hashed out in our sleep. (And knowing a little bit about what the subconscious is supposed to be, I am not sure that I want to leave such important business that sees a fish, a car, and a virgin as equals...)

1 Comments:

Blogger kilowatthour said...

*smooch*

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home