Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Homan

Sometimes Chris likes to act out parts of his favorite movie of all time, ok, well, one of them: the Stepford Wives. He likes to pretend that he is a robot and will do whatever I say. I like to take advantage of this by either telling him to get in the kitchen and do the dishes like a good Stepford wife, or by somehow entrapping him in some kind of activity that a robot would not do. Yes, living with Chris is pretty much Romper Room 24 seven (i.e., lots of silly fun.) This time, I was able to convince him he was not a robot by tickling him.

“Robots aren’t ticklish, Chris.”
“Ok, I am only homan.”
“Homan?”
“Yeah, I am alive, I am a homan.”
Uproarious laughter, then...
“Uh, I think you mean ‘human’. Do you know what a ‘ho’ is?”
“A prostitute?”
“Yes, so you can imagine what ‘homan’ must sound like to me?”
“Oh. Is ‘ho’ the same root used in the word ‘horrible’?”

I think he’s funniest when he’s not really trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home