Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Biggun'

Sometimes I forget how big I am. It always used to scare me, as a child, when I would invariably hurt the other kids with whom I was playing. I didn’t mean to hurt them, it just sort of happened. Often. Our chorus director is leaving to go on to another gig next year and has constructed a web site where he, like every other personal web page, even the one I am ironically writing in now, glorifies his own existence. He has some pictures there of our chorus, though. And, every time, I see a picture of me in a group of familiar faces, I get this surprise in my brain, where my Id has decided I am 5’8” and weigh between 170 and 180 pounds. I am big. I have a big, tenor face and a barrel chest, and I am tall. And I didn’t know I was a Heldentenor for how many years?


In Mahogonny, one of my favorite operas. Evil clowns bad.


I'm the pasty one, 3rd from the right in Czardasfürstin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home