Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hughes of Gray

I think that, as an artist, one of the most difficult things to do is to block out the constant noise that the world creates. I don’t mean this literally, of course. I mean, really, that one must, in order to create something from within, block out all of the naysayers of this life who have constantly told me, in one way or another, that I can’t do what I am trying to do.

In this time, when my work to become a Heldentenor has been sporadic and, in some ways lifeless, I have had to do some soul searching in order to come up with who is at fault for my lack of constant spunk that will get my career of f the ground. I can only point the finger at myself, of course. But, in this case, what I am guilt of is not shutting down all of the people in my life who will poo poo this dream of mine, to just smile, give them the finger, and walk gently way.

In a lot of ways, I admire Chris for this. Albeit devoid of any kind of ambition, he, nonetheless, never questions for even one split second his talent as an artist. My mental game, on the other hand, seems to be an unending feud between my inner selves, all of them doubtful, and all of them ready to stop progress in its tracks. When I just think for one moment whether I have the abilities to do what I am wanting to do, I have no doubt that I can. Now, it is time for the heart to catch up, though. Not long behind will come what soul I may have left, and then I can put the proverbial triumvirate together. Add a little luck (this is starting to sound like a Disney spell) and the Fates will give this Spruce Goose the lift she needs to actually be airborne.

Must remain positive. Must work daily.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know how Chris can do that...be so confident in his work. I'm just working to get past the point now of not worrying so much about what everyone else thinks of my work and just do it for me, but it's a slow adjustment.

And do tell us about the Hughes of Gray. Are they nice people?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home