Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wanderlust

I think people who have known me in the past would be pretty amazed at how much I enjoy getting a little bit of exercise, and being out of doors. Yesterday, Chris and I worked in the garden for 4 or 5 hours, and I enjoyed every minute of it. Today (Sunday), I woke up on Sunday dying to take a walk in the woods. Walking and hiking are really popular pastimes in Germany, and I have bought a map showing all of the trails around the area and plan on trying them out to find my favorites. Did you know that you could walk from here to Switzerland on just trails? There’s an intricate network of walking trails here with little signs on the trees every quarter of a mile or so. So, if you want to walk to Switzerland, you just follow the yellow diamond all the way there. Crazily, it is a comfort, albeit a haunting one, to know that, in case of the Apocalypse, we could all still “get around” even if it meant a backpack and a walking stick.

I thought it might be fun to actually do some backpacking starting from here. Two or three days on the trails would not get me even close to Switzerland, but, I would definitely be deep in the Schwarzwald. That would be so, dare I say it, neat.

Made a reservation to hear a Heldentenor sing Parsifal in Frankfurt at the end of the month. It’s cool, because I was allowed to call the theatre and get tickets that cost only what the taxes on them cost (greatly reduced in price) because I work on the German stage. Stuart Skelton is supposed to be quite good...an Australian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home