Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Not "Frog", "Kraut"!

Just some quick thoughts...My brain is being used for a lot of other stuff, and is, therefore, not functioning at its peak. Brain, you gelatinous lump of formerly-gray matter! I’ll kick you!

I am working hot and heavy on my doctoral work. (I have been granted vacation in 2007 to go back to Kansas and become Dr. Insert name here.) The pressure’s on as I must keep my options for employment open (this is my last year in Pforzheim.)

(A parenthetical comment kind of day.) Does this mean that when I talk to people today, it will always seem like an aside? Not to self: don’t let the people hear the more insulting of the asides today. I could get hurt.

Sidenote: Chris, my Lebesnpartner, does this thing that is so friggin’ cute when we are snuggling. This is hard to say...um, he’s cute because he does a Miss Piggy imitation when we’re alone. Before rolling your eyes, you have to just assume that it IS actually cute. Go with me here... He calls me “mon frog” and then, in a really high falsetto says “kissy kissy.” When I start to tickle him, he does that gravelly “mean Miss Piggy” voice, and pulling back to hit me screams “Hiiiiii-Ya”, the ‘Ya’ punctuating by an actual love tap. Ok, writing about it, I have to admit it is potentially one of those “you had to be there” moments, but, nonetheless, it is so cute and makes me laugh every time. And, when I laugh, that just means that does it more and more. Have I been in Germany too long? Must be, because I don’t remember The Muppet Show being particularly cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home