Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

The depths

Depression can be such a powerful thing. Sometimes I get these attacks that really take me into the depths. When I go to that place, everything becomes shaded by my feelings and, consequently, looks much less clear, duller, grayer, and more hopeless.

These times happen much less than they did when I was in graduate school. But, they have been happening a little more since I came back from America. I think that a lack of resolution with an ongoing, bad relationship with my father is affecting me in adverse ways, on a subconscious level.

It’s time to go and see someone. I just have no one to ask for a referral. I don’t want everyone in the theatre to know my private affairs, and I don’t have any friends outside of the theatre. Hmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger kt77 said...

one good way to get referrals is to call the counseling center at a local university...

7:07 AM  
Blogger AltonianWeb said...

Joshua, Joshua, Joshua. You don't need a referral. You should just remember my excellent way of managing depression, like I did when we shared the apartment in K.C. Lock door. Draw curtains. Pull covers over head. Wait for mom and moving van. Now that I live hidden in the woods, I can just skip the curtain part.

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home