Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Lull

Fitting for Wildschütz
Dentist APPT (to fix the tooth I cracked while eating a candied almond)
Performance of Nacht in Venedig

Saw Bullitt last night, and old copper movie. It was very good, as Ebert had predicted. There are such funny things about 70s movies, though. The whole movie climaxes when the criminal is caught on a plane before it takes off, but he escapes out the back door of the plane, jumps onto the tarmac and starts shooting at the police. This means that his gun was with him on the plane! Wow, those sure were the days, as the song goes. Doctors smoking cigarettes in hospitals, no one wearing seat belts, rotary phones, and practical medieval surgical procedures make the movie seem so dated, even though I remember the 70s. The whole movie is about the mob, but, for whatever reason, unlike the Godfather, they were unable to use that word. Instead, they called it “the organization.” That was kind of funny, really. “Yes, we have to get this witness on the stand if we ever expect to prosecute the organization.” just doesn’t have a ring to it.

Went to visit my friend Betsy, an American, in Mainz on Saturday. It is always good to see her. She is so funny. Her career is really starting to take off; she even got a review in Opernglass, our Opera News. She is so unsure of herself, though. Aren’t we all? She really is wonderful, even if she does make me feel like a clod for having sub-standard German sometimes.

Sunday and Monday, we were in Wiesbaden visiting our friends Thorsten and Wulf. Wiesbaden is so beautiful. It is so rich, and the houses, consequently, are so grandiose and Riviera-esque. At any rate, we drove to Limburg, a beautiful little town. we drove there in Thorsten’s DS (déesse.) It is this old French car that I just love. It was a beautiful day, too, and the city was packed. It was cool to see how all the people looked at us in our funny car.



I’ve been in kind of a sour mood lately, and I can’t say that I know why. Things are so complicated sometimes. It is hard to see what makes me tick. I do know one thing for sure, though: I really hate Bricky. He is such a self-aggrandizing, egotistical, soulless bitch. And, he called me a “colossal elephant” yesterday in rehearsal, which is enough to make me hate him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home