Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Zartbitter

Is it just me or is this an extremely beautiful, yet somehow deeply sad Holiday? It’s so funny. I am listening to my own Christmas Mix CD—you know, Luciano singing Adeste Fidelis, the Ray Conniff Singers, Ella Fitzgerald, Ann Murray and John Denver. Sappy but good. Chris is in the kitchen making Christmas Cookies and Stollen, and I am sitting here, somehow sadly reminiscing over a little bottle of Jägermeister and my computer. The only thing I need now is a fireplace. Oooh...a fireplace. That would be such a good idea.

Christmas is so weird. Beautiful yet bittersweet somehow.

My favorite story this Christmas comes from my sister Shawn. She, being the honest, straightforward kind of parent she is, decided to tell my little niece that Santa Claus doesn’t exist. A pretty bold move, if you ask me. What is precious is how Emily responded to the news. She just looked up at her mother and said: “I don’t care, I’m going to believe in him anyway!” I laughed my ass off when I heard that. Blessed are the children.

PS GWM seeks replacement ass at reasonable price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home