Commentary on life and all that it contains.

These are commentaries on life as I know it. It can be the quickened, pulsating breath you feel as the roller coaster inches its was over the ride's summit. It can be the calming breeze on the dusk of a warm day, sitting in isolation, reflecting on beauty or loves once had. It, life, can be everything that you will it to be.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Old man

Monica thought it was so funny when I told her, some days ago, that I thought my true self was a little, old man that lives in my stomach. And, well, I guess she’s right; it is pretty funny. Anyway, in the quest to finding my true self, I meditate to discover what my real feelings are, and I sometimes have visions that, in some way or another, represent “the path.” The old man is just such a representation.

Whether I believe in re-incarnation, or angels that are allowed to come back and roam the earth in human bodies only to better do the will of God, is immaterial here. The point is that, when one allows his imagination to open up, some pretty crazy things start pouring out. In my case, they are crazy, entertaining, and, thankfully, completely benign. It’s like my old teacher used to say: “Dear, you are so weird. But in a good way.”

Who is the old man, really?

I believe that there are some talents that I possess that I have heretofore not tapped into. Amongst them are my spirituality and wisdom. The old man represents both of them. There is not much in life that surprises me, and I generally hold to the belief that, for whatever reason, I know what is going to happen before it does, and am readied for the event when it occurs. How I could actually acknowledge that and just trust myself is perhaps a key to my next stage of development.

The wisdom is showing its face in other ways. I have come into some money of late, as some of you know, because of a settlement from an motorcycle accident. Now, I am going to invest this money. But, as I learn more about investment, I am really in the beginning stages of being only slightly aware of the market and am on my way to knowing enough to actually do something with the money. In this quest, though, I find myself shying away from companies that could potentially make a lot of money on the backs of their poor workers. Firms like Wal Mart (54 percent of their workers children are uninsured), Waste Management Systems (uses incinerators), Big Oil (has recently disclosed that they are making record profits this year at the expense of the consumer) are examples. I guess I have a conscience. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home